Jun 17, 2004
How does HIV effect your menstrual cycle? I've heard it does nothing and I've also heard that it can cause it to go haywire. Which is correct?
Response from Dr. Lee
Depends on where you are in the disease. Generally, HIV has little or no effect on hormone levels early in the disease. But, there may be significant changes in hormone levels in later disease. This is especially a concern if there is significant weight loss (which may cause hormones to go haywire).
should 13 and 15 year old boys be tested?
HIV positive man/negative wife
- Can I Get Hiv From Spit In Eye?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- If My Partner Is Hiv Negative Am I Safe?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Hiv From Woman To Man?
- Can A Woman Get Hiv If The Man Didn't Come Inside Her?
- Percentage Of Hiv Tests In The Window Period
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.