|Can Hiv be present in Herpes?
Jun 10, 2004
I had sexual intercourse with a friend. If he was both HIV and Herpes positive, we used a condom, and considering the condom blocked the HIV, but i got herpes, can the herpes give me HIV?I'm worried. Please answer soon. Thanks so much
Response from Dr. Lee
Please see a doc about this. Of course you have some risk. Although Herpes does transmit more easily than HIV, you could have acquired both. I suggest that you get tested now and in a few weeks. Be more careful in the future.
HIV testing of infant and birthmother prior to adoption
- How Long Can Hiv Lay Dormant In Your System?
- Do They Test For Hiv When They Do Blood Work?
- Can Hiv Cause Your Liver Enzymes To Be Elevated?
- Can You Get Hiv If A Nurse Does Not Use Gloves When She Takes Your Blood?
- If You Have Hiv What Does Your White Blood Cells Do?
- Is Streptococcal Infection Of Throat Common For Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.