For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

please help!

If your husband is HIV+ and they just found the wife was pregnant. Did she get infected too? I know there can't be sure unless you get tested but what's the chance the wife get infected?

thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

The only way to know one's status is to be tested. This is particularly important for pregnant women since HIV positive women are at risk of transmiting the virus to their baby. So, in this situation , I would recommend that the woman seek testing as soon as possible.

still worried.....
Is treatment necessary during pregnancy