Jun 8, 2004
If your husband is HIV+ and they just found the wife was pregnant. Did she get infected too? I know there can't be sure unless you get tested but what's the chance the wife get infected?
thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
The only way to know one's status is to be tested. This is particularly important for pregnant women since HIV positive women are at risk of transmiting the virus to their baby. So, in this situation , I would recommend that the woman seek testing as soon as possible.
Is treatment necessary during pregnancy
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
- Staph Infection In The Vaginal Area
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.