Jun 8, 2004
I became pregnant in July of "2000"...by a Man who has had many sexual partners before me (and a few during the few months we were together)I have had just one partner before him and before I met him my previous sexual experience was about 12 yrs eairler I was tested at the beginning of my pregnancy about 5 months later..both tests came back being negative....should I still worry about contacting HIV from this experience? and does my child need to be tested?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
With 2 negative tests and no further possible exposures, you do not need to be re-tested and your child does not need to be tested.
so many questions
- Chest Infection Primary Hiv Symptom
- How Is Hiv And Aids Affecting Our Community?
- How Long Can Hiv Live In A Moist Environment?
- If Your Stomach Hurts Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Can Hiv Positive Person Get The Shingles Vaccination?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.