Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Worried and would appreciate an answer

Dr,

I am a female and I had the following experience 15 months ago. I was virgin and I had a start of penetration with my ex bfriend, but he withdrew immediately after I felt a slight pain (being a virgin). There was no ejaculation, but I don't know about precum. What is my risk after this exposure?? I am sure I remained virgin after this experience which lasted only a few seconds.

I had negative elisa 1 and 2 after 15 months, but I am worried that I may not produce antibodies for any reason. I know there has been a few cases where people did not produce enough antibodies.

Can you please help me??? How would I know that I am not one of those people who have atypical host response like this case publiced by the CDC in 1995 about a guy in Utah.

I appreciate your help. Am worried. thanks you and God bless you!!

Response from Dr. Lee

If you have had two negative tests, it is almost 100% that you were not exposed to HIV during the encounter you described (which would have been a low risk anyway, especially since it is not clear that your beau is HIV+). I say almost because very few things in life are truly 100%. There are many other things for you to be worried about besides HIV. I recommend you consider yourself lucky, be careful about any future exposures, and move on.

Be well.

life expectancy for babies born with HIV
trying on shorts