Women and HIVWomen and HIV

rash and itching normal med side effect?

I am taking epivir, viramune and abacavir for about 2years. In the last 12 months, I have been experiencing a terrible itch on different parts of my body. When I scratch it I develope a rash. I gotten some creme from the dermatologist to control the itch but it doesn't stop it from happening. I go off my meds for about a month and then it stops. Is this common with these meds? I can't keep stoping my meds or I will develope a resistance. Can you help me?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Your side effects pose a serious problem because of the need to interrupt therapy; you need to discuss this issue with your HIV physician and make a change in your treatment regimen which will result in a regimen without the associated rash and itching; JLS.

parner has HIV i don't how do we go about having kids
As part of prenatal screening we found out my wife is +