|Autoimmune disorders look like AIDS?
May 21, 2004
I have Hashimoto's and Sjogren's and have become allergic to over 85% of all foods (hives/asthma). My doctor keeps mentioning she thinks it's AIDS. Wouldn't autoimmune disorders exhibit similarly to acquired immune disorder? I had a negative swab test which my doctor doesn't believe in.
Response from Dr. Lee
AIDS causes a derangement of the immune system which may have some similarities to autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Sjogren's, etc. I do not believe that food allergies have been associated with HIV. If your doctor has recommended a blood test for HIV, why don't you have one done and put this worry to rest?
+ and healthy
Just Tested, HIV+
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.