May 17, 2004
If a female were to become pregnant, but seek an abortion. Would she have to first see a doctor to prove that she is actually pregnant first? And if so, do doctors always recommend an HIV test along with other blood tests? Would the doctor still offer the same tests even if he/she knew they were going to receive an abortion?
Response from Dr. Lee
I am not aware of any doctor who would perform an abortion without first assuring the woman was pregnant through a pregnancy test. Although HIV testing is recommended for all pregnant women, it is not required. I am sorry to say that there are some docs who do not routinely offer the HIV test to all pregnant women.
need advice on tx
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.