|Acne more Common with HIV-Positive People?
May 16, 2004
Does being HIV + make you get acne more easily ??
I am not on any meds but I keep breaking out!
Response from Dr. Lee
There is an increase in several types of skin inflammation with HIV disease. Yes, acne and most noteably- eosinophillic folliculitis. Treatment with an antibiotic may help. So does use of anti-inflammtory medications, (pills and creams). Also use of antbacterial ("deoderant")soaps may help.
HIV+ and Planning to get pregnant
Pregnancy and HIV test
- Masturbation With Saliva Risk Of Getting HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- Black Spots Sign Of HIV Infection
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.