Women and HIVWomen and HIV

do I need to check or not

Hi

I tested positive while I was pregnant last year, since then I never went to check my cd-4 count or vl. Do you think I need medication, but now I'm still feeling ok, eating healthy, take a walk in the morning and night, drinking lots of water, no red meat or so whatever.My baby is ok healthy and negative. Do you think I need to check those things.

Thanks

Response from Dr. Lee

YES. YES. YES. Ignoring the possiblity of infection does not make you safe. Also, it is possible that your positive test during pregnancy was not accurate. Sometimes tests during pregnancy are falsely positive. Therefore you should be tested again. You may be holding onto this worry without reason.

If you are positive. REMEMBER knowledge is power and treatment really can make a difference in your life and the life of your baby.

Be well.

help my friend
Dear Dr. Lee