The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scared, can't get response for months.. please help!
Apr 15, 2004

I've had the same boyfriend for 5 years. 3 years ago I had sex with a bisexual guy who was at very high risk for hiv. We didn't use protection, and he came in me and I got pregnant. I had an abortion.My boyfriend and I had protected sex from then on. 6 months after my exposure, my boyfriend and I started shooting up heroin. My boyfriend and I shared syringes, cotton, spoons, ect. (Without using bleach) We used for about 3 months straight, over 4 times daily. 2 years after my sexual exposure, my boyfriend and I got an HIV test at our methadone clinic. My boyfriends test was negative, but I never got my results. It has been 3 years since my exposure, is it possible I could have had it and my boyfriend did not? What are the chances he couldn't have gotten it after sharing syringes repeatedly?? I have not had any HIV symptoms, but I know that does not mean I don't have it. Please help me, I am very scared and I don't know who to talk to, my anxiety is ruining my life. I've tried to message other forums, but no reply. Although, I understand you guys are busy, I really appreciate your help, and I appreciate that you take the time to answer questions! Thank you very much!

Response from Dr. Lee

There is a simple answer to your question - get tested. Talk to a doctor in your area. The internet will not give you the answer you need.

Be well.

Don't want to be a nagging wife

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint