Women and HIVWomen and HIV

My mother

MY MOTHER JUST TOLD ME THAT SHE HAS HAD HIV FOR TEN YEARS. COULD YOU SEND ALL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU COULD ABOUT HIV AND WHAT COULD DO ABOUT THE SITUATION.

Response from Dr. Lee

It is very hard to learn that your mom is infected with HIV. My suggestion is that you start by asking her for information. Then if you have other questions, you may want to go with her to ask her doctor. Finally, there are many links here at Thebody.com including very basic information and very sophisticated information. Do some surfing and get back to us with specific questions.

I do not know how old you are, but one question to ask your mom is if you were tested as a baby.

Be well.

Viramune during pregnancy
guidelines to use a condoms!