Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Scared of Risky encounter

I am 27 and in a relationship. My boyfriend and I both got tested for HIV in the beginning of our relationship and we were both negative. About two weeks ago I went out and got really screwed up on booze and drugs and went home with an older dentist.

He fed me two large viagra pills (big blue shiney pills) and pulled some sex toys out of his closet.

It seemed as though he was impotent and I asked him to wear a condom. He had me stick toys up his anus and he did the same to me. I had no clue what I was doing. He did put his penis in me but he didn't ejaculate.

I was so freaked out the next day and I called him and asked him about aids. He said I had nothing to worry about becuase he was a dentist and we didn't exchange bodily fluids.

I looked him up on the internet... he is a dentist with a successful practice.

I'm scared I have the virus. I had a head ache the following day that lasted for 4 days. I've had diarea everyday since and now I've got red pin spots on the front of my tongue and enlarged red bumps on the back with white coating down the middle.

I'm affraid to infect my boyfriend so we stopped having sex. We had sex with a condom 3 times after I cheated on him.

I am so scared right now. And it's been two weeks and too early to test even though I have last week.

Can you tell me anything? I feel I'm having symtoms and I just don't know what to do.

Cab you get HIV with no bodily fluid exposure? There was no precum becuase he was impotent.

Scared

Response from Dr. Lee

Actually you could be tested with an HIV PCR blood test. If the virus is active it should show up on a qualitative PCR test. The antibody tests (ELISA and Western Blot) will not be likely to be accurate until more time has passed.

In my opinion, you have other serious problems. If you used alcohol and other substances to the point you describe that you "had no clue what" you were doing, you should consider treatment for substance abuse.

It is clear that the loss of normal inhibitions is a great risk related to HIV, other diseases and other risky behaviors. To be that "screwed up" is very very risky (as you may have noted).

Also, I don't know what value you place on your existing relationship, but your behavior also raises questions about your commitment to your boyfriend.

My suggestion is that you treat yourself better!

Be safe!

symptoms
vl safe for vaginal birth instead of c-section