Women and HIVWomen and HIV

symptoms

I am a 24 yr. old woman and I had an encounter that I think was risky. I did not have actual intercourse (I am a virgin in that respect) but I did touch the man's genitalia once with my mouth may have come in contact with pre-cum and/or semen. We did not have actual oral sex but I placed it in my mouth for a few seconds. I am not sure if I contracted anything. He said he has no stds or hiv but still I have been experiencing some purpura and because I had the flu vaccination, I probably would not experience ARS. If you could please shed some light on this because I am nervous about this whole thing. Thank you very much. Sleepless in Ohio

Response from Dr. Sullivan

It is highly unlikely that you could become infected from this exposure but if you are anxious about this possibility you should get an HIV test through your physician or an anonymous HIV testing center that can be accessed by contacting your local health department.JLS.

adopting HIV- 18 Mo old, mom was HIV+
Scared of Risky encounter