Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

throid & hormones & HIV
Mar 8, 2004

I was diagnosed in 1998 with CD4's of 26 and Viral Load of 65,000. I have been on therapy ever since then and we cannot get my CD4s over 300, although my viral load stays undetectable. I have had to have my throid radiated and am on meds, but I've also had a hysterectomy. With all these changes in hormones I feel like I'm going crazy. I take Prozac but I am still so emotional. I don't want to live like this, although I'm not suicidal, I'm just sick of being in Hell before I'm even dead. Can you help? Julie, Michigan

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The fact that your CD4s rebounded from 26 to 300 is very good; 300 CD4s will enable you to remain in good health and over the long-term these numbers could even get better; I would be optimistic and take my medications religiously; long-term maintenance of undetectable viral loads will ensure well being; JLS.

Previous
long term survivor wishes to adopt.
Next
how do i be intimate with new partner

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.