Women and HIVWomen and HIV

treatment

I have a very good friend that i grew up with and she just recently crossed over from having HIV to AIDS and she has been told that shhe can not take any of the current therapies because when she was a child she had all the lymph nodes removed from her neck. so my question is can that really be true or not ?

Response from Dr. Lee

I am not sure that you have been given all the pertinent information. It certainly does not make sense to me that a person could a) have all the lymph nodes removed from their neck, or b) be prevented from taking medicine to treat HIV because of a lack of or reduced number of lymph nodes. So, the short answer: not.

Be well.

CD4 count of 59 and preg
high white blood cell count, no HIV?