Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Who to prevent my son get HIV+

I have just knew that my husband is HIV + . We have a son 5 years. I made the test & it's was negative . My problem is that I am afraid on my child every time he play with his dad. I became very worry that my child can be effected because he a boy & they play together boxing & some strong play what should I do to prevent my son to be effected from his father .

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You can relax and allow them to enjoy themselves! HIV is not passed easily through activities that families commonly engage in, including close contact, hugging, kissing, sharing dishes or utensils, rough-housing, etc. If your husband experiences bleeding, however, he should take precautions not to expose your son.

Boyfriend CD4 Count 85
CD4 count of 59 and preg