|Can Syphilis test detect HIV?
Feb 9, 2004
Is it possible to detect HIV infection from the blood test for syphilis, assuming the test is taken after the window period is over?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
No, the blood tests for syphilis are specific for that infection and do not provide any information on HIV status.
Herpes zoster virus
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Antibiotics For Std
- What Are The Little White Bumps On My Penis? Not A Std?
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Do Antidepressants Affect STD Test Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.