Mar 15, 2001
would you know you have hiv by having a pap smear done.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Pap smear is a procedure in which cells from the cervix are examined for evidence of cervical cancer. This is therefore not a test that determines HIV infection status. The only way to diagnose HIV infection is to do specific testing for HIV. Please see the "testing" section of " HIV Basics "on this web site for more information.
HIV-1 and HIV -2
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.