|re: HELP Baby with Anemia
Dec 7, 2003
Hi Dr. Luzuriaga, thanks for answering my question. My baby is actually taking 5 units of Retrovir every 6 hours, that means 0,5 cc every 6 hours (his weight when he's born was 2,55 kg). I guess then that Retrovir dose fits your guidelines. I will have him checked tomorrow for HGB and than discuss the result with his care giver. If we would head to a 4 weeks only treatment is that going to affect his possibility of seroconverting?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
While we don't have data to indicate the optimal duration of prophylaxis, most of us feel that the early weeks of treatment are the most important. If you need to stop therapy at 4 weeks, this will not likely increase the risk of infection. Good luck!
Pregnant hiv+ female.What can i do?
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Causing Joint Pain
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.