|my friend is has aids but his wife dosent will the baby get it
Dec 7, 2003
My friend is has AIDS but his wife doesn't. Will the baby get it?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Infants acquire infection directly from their mothers either during gestation (pregnancy), the birth process, or through breastfeeding. So, an infant is at risk of infection only if its mother is infected herself.
Correction needed for allergy answer
- Stories Of People Intentionally Infecting Others With Hiv
- What Does It Mean If You Hiv Test Comes Back Nonreactive?
- Getting Hiv And Herpes 2 While Wearing A Condom
- How Many Times Do You Have To Have Sex With That Person To Get Hiv?
- Is It Easy For A Man To Get Hiv From A Hiv Female?
- What Is The Longest It Takes Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.