|Mother with HIV
Nov 4, 2003
If a mother who has given birth to her child two months ago nad starts to have sex with her couple and gets infected with the HIV virus. Can the virus be transmitted to her child via breast feeding?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
A woman who experiences HIV infection during the breast feeding period has a high risk for transmitting HIV to her breastfeeeding infant because viral loads are the highest around the time that infection occurs; transmission of HIV from mother to infant is directly related to viral load; JLS.
Please Help- need advice on infection
Side effects and what to do
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.