Oct 20, 2003
how long after exposure do the antibodies show up on your lab results? have tested neg for hep A and hep C rpr neg wa waiting for results for hiv. cbc was normal. liver functions normal as well. test done for insurance was postive for the antibodies but was not a blood test partner is neg for hiv we have been together for 10 years.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
HIV antibodies appear by 6-8 weeks postexposure; you should ask for a HIV ELISA and western blot to determine if you are HIV infected; JLS.
Testing in Adoption Referral
Scared girl ....took a test. Good indication?
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.