Oct 20, 2003
how long after exposure do the antibodies show up on your lab results? have tested neg for hep A and hep C rpr neg wa waiting for results for hiv. cbc was normal. liver functions normal as well. test done for insurance was postive for the antibodies but was not a blood test partner is neg for hiv we have been together for 10 years.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
HIV antibodies appear by 6-8 weeks postexposure; you should ask for a HIV ELISA and western blot to determine if you are HIV infected; JLS.
Testing in Adoption Referral
Scared girl ....took a test. Good indication?
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Scrotum Could I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.