Women and HIVWomen and HIV

How fast should my CD4 go up?

I wish to know how fast my CD4 count should go up if I started taking medication when I was 16 weeks pregnant and the count was 147. Now I am 35 weeks pregnant & my count has increased to 197. Is this a good sign or is the count progressing too slowly? Could pregnancy be another cause as to why the CD4 count could be so low? Also what are the chances that my baby has already been infected with the virus now? Also my CD8 count is 726 why is it higher than the CD4 is this normal? With a CD4 of 197 is a C-section recommended instead of a natural birth?

Response from Dr. Sullivan

The most important determinant for infection of the baby is mothers viral load; if your viral load is less than 50 copies/ml your risk of transmitting the virus to your baby is less than 1%; if you have a detectable HIV viral load a C-section may help to prevent infection.JLS.

I want to breastfeed
CAN WE HAVE A BABY