Women and HIVWomen and HIV

I want to breastfeed

It's my first time asking a question but I've been enjoying your educative seasons. I use the knowledge I get from here to educate members of our support group and also members of ther public during sensitisation meetings. I,ve heard of the risk involved in breasfeeding for positive mothers. Am intending to be a mother and I'll love to breastfeed. my VL is below 200 copies, could you tell me how to do this and the risk involved. Julie.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

If you have any detectable virus there will be a significan risk of infection to the baby through breast milk; JLS.

ms. bear
How fast should my CD4 go up?