|I want to breastfeed
Oct 9, 2003
It's my first time asking a question but I've been enjoying your educative seasons. I use the knowledge I get from here to educate members of our support group and also members of ther public during sensitisation meetings. I,ve heard of the risk involved in breasfeeding for positive mothers. Am intending to be a mother and I'll love to breastfeed. my VL is below 200 copies, could you tell me how to do this and the risk involved. Julie.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
If you have any detectable virus there will be a significan risk of infection to the baby through breast milk; JLS.
How fast should my CD4 go up?
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Vaginal Discharge Viral Infection Complications
- Can Staph Be Mistaken For Herpes?
- Can You Get Hiv If Consumed Contaminated Blood?
- Getting Hiv From Blood On Clothes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.