Oct 9, 2003
just found out that i tested postive for hiv antibodies i am very healthy never sick a day in my life i am 49 . shouldi have test redone because it was not a blood test, but salvia test for insurance.
Response from Dr. Sullivan
Yes; you should get an elisa test and western blot; JLS.
need your view
I want to breastfeed
- What Causes Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis Infections?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes?
- What Are Physical Symptoms Of Genital Herpes?
- What Age Group Does Genital Warts Affect The Most?
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.