|Need a straight answer part 2
Sep 27, 2003
I suspect contracting HIV myself last month, and potentially transmitted it to my 10 mounts old baby (by direct blood contact). As you mentioned early treatment for babies is critical. I will get tested by a PCR test at the 4 and 8 weeks mark-line, and an antibody test at 12 weeks. From the early treatment view-point - Are my own tests sufficient or should I get my baby tested even if all my tests will be negative?
Thank you for your answer
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
If your tests are negative, there is no reason to test your child.
BABY ON THE WAY!
Pregnancy & HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.