Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Need a straight answer!

The guys at the 'starting treatment' forum think that with treatment newly HIV infected people will live their natural life span. Are you as optimistic as they are? And most important for me is true for infected babies as well?

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

Better understanding of HIV infection and the availability of antiretrovirals has markedly improved the outlook for individuals with HIV infection. With appropriate care and adherence to medications, HIV-infected adults can now live for many years (decades) following infections. The same appears to be true for children, particularly those who begin treatment during the first few months of life.

FROM INDIA,HAVE MERCY
I'm not sure if I'm HIV+