|Caeserian Section VS Normal Delivery
Sep 11, 2003
I am on therapy Nevirapine & Combivir which i started four months ago. My numbers then were CD4 327 & VL 28,882. Currently my numbers are VL - undetectable and CD4 475. My expected delivery date is 5th October.
My question is due to the undetectable viral load should I still deliver by CS or deliver normally.
Please advise urgently.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
With an undetectable RNA, the risk of transmissionis very low and cesarian section is not generally advised.
Aids related Dementia
Can having herpes affect and HIV test?
- Does White Discharge Mean I Have Hiv?
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.