Women and HIVWomen and HIV

i think relative and pregnant girlfriend are HIV+

Second time askin and really worried. I'll keep this short. For about 2 years a relative of mine has suffered from regular colds, flu's, tirdness and the occasional loose bowels. He does not prctice safe sex much, but i,ve thought nothing of it, until now.

i have just returned from travelling for 8 months and have learnt a lot about HIV symptons. I am now convinced he has it. When i got back i was thinking of telling him to take a test, but i have just discovered that his girlfriend is 6 months pregnent and has just had her second scan. Nothing has shown up so far.

My question is that, is there any chance something would have shown up by now?? I don't know what to do, as i don't want to worry them for nothing.

Also his girlfriend has had colds and feelings of tirdness EVEN in the early stages of preganacy.

Thanks for your time. A worried UK citizen.

Response from Dr. Aberg

I do not know the standards of care for pregnant women in the UK. In the United States, all pregnant women are offered HIV testing. If you are worried about your friends, why not start an open conversation about what you observed during your travels? It is not uncommon for women to be tired during early pregnancy. Many individuals are prone to colds and does not mean they have HIV.

Commonly, a "friend advice" is actually the person who wants the advice. If you have questions about your HIV status, I encourage you to get tested especially if there is an unborn baby potentially at risk.

Painful lymph nodes
Testesterone and HIV medication