Women and HIVWomen and HIV

baby is negative

In March I gave both to my sone who was delivered by c-section. I'm HIV postive at the time of delivery my VL was undectable and my CD400 count was 800+. My soon is now 5month old and has been tested twice and both time the results are neg. He is being tested again this month. He was tested at 6 wks old and at 2 months. Is it safe to say he will stay negative.

Response from Dr. Jackson

Given your low viral load, high CD4 count and the HIV negative results at 6 weeks and 2 months, it is extremely unlikely your son is infected.

BJ

confusion and fear
Did not ejaculate