Aug 19, 2003
I got negative result for hiv1&2 from a large government run lab long after the "window period". Does this test kit also rule out hiv 2? I guess what I am asking is that if this kind of test is as reliable to rule out hiv 2 as it is to hiv 1. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Jackson
If it is an FDA licensed kit for HIV-1/2 antibody, then it will reliably detect HIV-2 antibody.
6 months twin pregnancy
- Could Autoimmune Disease Affect My Hiv Result
- How Can I Reduce Viral Load Without HIV Meds?
- Roll On Deodorant And Hiv Transmission
- Should You Test For Stds After Mutual Masturbation?
- Social, Legal, And Ethical Ramifications Of HIV Status Disclosure
- What To Do When You Get A Cold With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.