Aug 19, 2003
I got negative result for hiv1&2 from a large government run lab long after the "window period". Does this test kit also rule out hiv 2? I guess what I am asking is that if this kind of test is as reliable to rule out hiv 2 as it is to hiv 1. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Jackson
If it is an FDA licensed kit for HIV-1/2 antibody, then it will reliably detect HIV-2 antibody.
6 months twin pregnancy
- Do People Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.