Women and HIVWomen and HIV

sex

could you answer my question please can your partner get the hiv symptoms if you are undected i'll like this for 6 yeasr now ASP THANK YOU

Response from Dr. Aberg

Just because a person has an "undetectable" amount of HIV in the bloodstream does not mean there is no HIV at all plus it does not tell us what the amount of HIV is in the genital component. So, yes, HIV can still be transmitted even with an undetectable viral load in the blood stream. The risk will be less than someone with higher copies of virus in their blood but there still could be a chance. I recommend that you use protective barriers with your partner and practice safer sexual techniques.

hiv & breastfeeding
hiv 2