Aug 17, 2003
could you answer my question please can your partner get the hiv symptoms if you are undected i'll like this for 6 yeasr now ASP THANK YOU
Response from Dr. Aberg
Just because a person has an "undetectable" amount of HIV in the bloodstream does not mean there is no HIV at all plus it does not tell us what the amount of HIV is in the genital component. So, yes, HIV can still be transmitted even with an undetectable viral load in the blood stream. The risk will be less than someone with higher copies of virus in their blood but there still could be a chance. I recommend that you use protective barriers with your partner and practice safer sexual techniques.
hiv & breastfeeding
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.