|CD4/CD8 follow up
Aug 17, 2003
Dr. Jackson: Thank you for answering my question about CD4/CD8 on Aug 9. You mentioned that my ratio is little low, but still can be found in normal healthy population. Does this mean that I should have a weaker immune system overall or my immune system functioning can be as good as anyone? I am just a bit of confused. Thank you.
Response from Dr. Jackson
It is the absolute CD4 cell count that is probably most important, not the ratio of CD4 to CD8. Most healthy people (95%) have above 500 CD4 cells/uL.
Very Curious about HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C If You Use A Condom During Sex?
- Can You Get Hepatitis C By Swallowing Blood?
- Is Hepatitis C A Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Accurate Hiv Test Results?
- What's The Difference Between The Hiv Virus And Herpes?
- Does Hep C Make You Lose Weight?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.