Aug 9, 2003
Almost 4 years after the last unprotected sex, I have have been tested negative many times by elisa and one pcr<50. My CD4/CD8 ratio, however, is consistently below 1 (around 0.89-0.94). I am very concerned. I don't know if this has anything to do with my gender (female). What should I do? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Jackson
This CD4/CD8 ratio is a little low but can be found in normal healthy people. It is nothing to worry about.
HIV and Breast Secretions
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
- Give A Male Oral Sex, Can I Get An Std
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.