Aug 9, 2003
Almost 4 years after the last unprotected sex, I have have been tested negative many times by elisa and one pcr<50. My CD4/CD8 ratio, however, is consistently below 1 (around 0.89-0.94). I am very concerned. I don't know if this has anything to do with my gender (female). What should I do? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Jackson
This CD4/CD8 ratio is a little low but can be found in normal healthy people. It is nothing to worry about.
HIV and Breast Secretions
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.