Women and HIVWomen and HIV

questions on transmission.

I am newly diagnosed my mom is as supportive as she can be, but she is concerned that she might get it. She is sick quite often. When I am on my period if it gets on the toliet seat can it be contracted? Sneezes in the face? Tears on someones shoulder or face?

Response from Dr. Jackson

Exposure to infected fresh blood is probably the greatest risk and generally only if the skin is abraided or there is exposure of blood to mucous membranes. Many household contact studies have shown that living with a person with HIV and engaging in normal household activities is very safe if there is no sexual or blood exposure.

BJ

hepitis c
Could iron tablets alter my negative result. Pls pls anwer.