Women and HIVWomen and HIV

My girlfriend

About 3-4 months ago, I started coming down with flu-like symptoms - sinus-like headaches, pain behind my left eye, fatigue, insomnia. At the same time, I was suspicious my girlfriend was cheating on me. As it turns out, she was. I insisted that she get tested for HIV, so she did and it was negative. About the same time, I started waking up all sweaty at night, I started experiencing a dull pain in my left hand and I've experienced a strange itching sensation over my body. I haven't experienced fevers, vomiting or diarhea. My girlfriend and I have been together about two years and have had unprotected sex hundreds of times, I've ejaculated in her some, but I usually pull out. But I have ejaculated in her mouth countless times. My question is this - is it possible that I'm positive and she isn't despite all the times we've had unprotected sex and my fluids have undoubtedly made contact with her insides? Any answer you can give me would be of tremendous help.

Response from Dr. Jackson

First, your symptoms do not sound like those typically associated with acute HIV infection. Second, if your girlfriend is HIV antibody negative and you have not had sex with anyone else, then you are extremely ulikely to be HIV infected. If you have had unprotectd sex with someone else and are worried they may be at high risk for HIV infection, then get yourself tested for HIV antibody.

BJ

Blood Bank Donations
Female who had 1X unprotected...Please answer!!