|Blood Bank Donations
Jul 31, 2003
Is all blood donated to blood banks screen for HIV automatically? If it is and the screening is positive will they notify you?
Response from Dr. Jackson
All blood or plasma donated at blood centers or plasma centers in the United States to be used for transfusion or for the manufacture of injectibles is screened for HIV-1/2 antibody. The only exception may be if you are donating blood for yourself. In any case if you test HIV antibody positive you must and will be notified.
Worried about blood...
- Licking Genital How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Odds Of Infection Masturbation With Saliva
- Smoking After Someone And HIV Testing
- Sore In Mouth And HIV Testing
- Touching Anus Worried I Have AIDS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.