|Worried about blood...
Jul 28, 2003
My ex-boyfriend was extremely abusive. One time he must of had a cut on his hands, and when he slapped me some of the blood got on my lips...I licked my lips thinking it was mine...I then rinsed my face off, realizing I had no cuts...Can I get HIV from this?
Response from Dr. Jackson
If your ex-boyfriend is HIV infected it would be possible to become infected through this type of exposure although the risk is probably still very low.
Blood Bank Donations
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.