Jul 28, 2003
Hello... I got an HIV test done 2 weeks ago and it came back negative. Does that mean they tested for HIV-2 also? Thank you for your time and y'all are doing a great job. BM
Response from Dr. Jackson
Some licensed HIV antibody tests in the United States can reliably detect HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies and other licensed tests can only reliably detect HIV-1 antibodies. I suggest you call the laboratory which performed your testing to find out if the test kit they use can detect HIV-2 antibody.
Worried about blood...
- Can Someone Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can U Catch HIV From Vaginal Fluid?
- Can You Catch HIV From Saliva?
- Can You Contract HIV From Genital Rubbing?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Vaginal Sex Condom Broke
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.