|Western blot testing?
Jul 26, 2003
What is it about Western blot testing that makes it take so long to get results? I have been waiting for a week and a half and still my doctor says they have no results in yet.
Response from Dr. Jackson
It typically takes 2-10 days to get results for a Western blot test for confirming the presence of HIV antibody. The variation in time depends on how frequently the test is run (often only 1-2 times per week in some labs) and sometimes the test needs to be repeated due to an invalid run or an indeterminate result.
i'm so confused!
- Where Is Hiv Found In The Body?
- How Does Hiv Affect Your Life?
- Are Swelling Of The Feet And Ankles Symptoms Of Neuropathy?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Percentage Of People With Hpv Get Genital Warts?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.