|Western blot testing?
Jul 26, 2003
What is it about Western blot testing that makes it take so long to get results? I have been waiting for a week and a half and still my doctor says they have no results in yet.
Response from Dr. Jackson
It typically takes 2-10 days to get results for a Western blot test for confirming the presence of HIV antibody. The variation in time depends on how frequently the test is run (often only 1-2 times per week in some labs) and sometimes the test needs to be repeated due to an invalid run or an indeterminate result.
i'm so confused!
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get HIV From Razors?
- HIV Risk After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- HIV Risk Insertive Anal Sex With Condom
- Sensual Massage Risk Of Getting HIV
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.