Jul 26, 2003
i want to know is can my partner catch the hiv symptoms through breastmilk i'm been undectectable for 6yrs now ASP THANK YOU
Response from Dr. Jackson
HIV can be transmitted through the ingestion of breastmilk from an HIV infected woman, but the risk is very very low especially if you have undetectable virus or if your partner rarely ingests breastmilk.
Should I be retested?
Can I Trust my Husband?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Stinging Pain?
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Sign Of HIV?
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.