|Should I be retested?
Jul 16, 2003
I just recently found out that my boyfriend of 10 years lied to me and in July of 2003 I found out he had not only one girl pregnant but 2 others as well!! I immediately went to the doctor and got a script to take the HIV test. They said that there is a window of roughly 3 months that can give you a false negative, so I waited until 6 months (after our last sexual encounter - which was July 03)it came back negative, I have had HIV tests in the past because of the same ragady boyfriend - which I have left completely now - but anyway they were all negative as well. Should I be retested?
Response from Dr. Jackson
If you were tested 6 months after your last sexual encounter and the test was negative, then you are not infected with HIV.
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.