|Transmission of HIV
Jul 16, 2003
Hello, I was recently talking to someone who admitted that they used to be in rehab. While he was talking to me his spit landed on my lips. Is it possible to contract HIV this way? Thanks, Cindy
Response from Dr. Jackson
It would be extremely unlikely to become infected from such an exposure even if the person were known to HIV infected.
HIV AND HEPATITIS C
- Can Silver Treat Mycobacterium Avium Complex?
- How Long Do Hiv Seroconversion Symptoms Last?
- Are Shoulder Back Pain Headache Hiv Symptoms?
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- What's The Discharge From Herpes Like?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.