Women and HIVWomen and HIV

the affects of the sun

Can someone please tell me if it is ok for me to be in the sun? i love to be in the sun as much as possible. i don't take any meds yet. i am very new to all this only found out 8 months ago and my counts are really good and i want to be able to spend as much time in the sun as possible with my family and friends. so please let me know if it is ok for me to go out in the sun, without a hat or long sleeved shirt. thank you

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

You don't have anything to worry about with regards to HIV and sun exposure. However, you should probably take routine precautions (not too much sun, use sunscreen, etc.) to guard against other potential consequences of sun exposure (such as skin cancer).

wanting to give life, but not wanting to cause more pain
HIV from sharing a cup?