Women and HIVWomen and HIV

condom effectiveness

Dear expert(s),

thank you so much for this wonderful site!

I have been going trough the questions and information in these pages and got a little bit confused.

They say that (latex) condoms are effective barriers of STDs, when used properly, but when estimating somebody's risk of a single exposure, being receptive/insertive partner matters.

My question is: if a condom is used according to the instructions and there are no visible tears and it has not slipped off during the intercourse, is it also as safe for the receptive partner as it is for the insertive one?

Thank you for your kind answer.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

Yes;JLS.

Worried symptom
panic attack